Saturday, October 18, 2014

Beauty Box 5 August and September 2014 Unboxings


I received my very first Beauty Box 5 and then the second one right after. 
So we will start with what came in the August box.




1). Pur-lisse Pur Protect SPF 30:
Shield your skin and soak up some rays, without guilt or greasiness! This lightweight moisturizer has the perfect amount of SPF to protect your pretty face and won't upset sensitive complexions- bring on the sunshine! Retail $55.00 for 1.7 oz.

So I received this product already in an Ipsy bag. but I was under the impression it was a sunscreen but I guess it's a moisturizer just with a lot of SPF. So when I am done the ones I have I will give this one a go. 
2). La Fresh Travel Lite Makeup Remover Wipes:
We love to pile on the products, but when it's got to go, there's no need for a delay! These wipes take away all our favourite makeup fast- even waterproof formulas!- without irritating our faces or leaving any residue behind. Ahh- quick, easy and refreshed. Retail $19.99 for 48 packets.
I actually already have a favourite makeup wipe, but I'm not opposed to trying another one as well. once I run out of the pack I am on I will start these ones and see if they will become my new fave.

3). Style Essentials Nail Polish:
Bored with plain polish? Wave hello to shiny, exciting nails! This lavish lacquer adds a pretty dash of colour and a fun finish to your digits, and the easy-to-apply brush makes switching to a new hue simple! Retail $7.00 for a pack of 4 nail polish collection.

I really think that Beauty Box 5 has a nail polish in the box every month with to me is a waste of a product because I don't wear nail polish and always end up giving it away. I wish they would make a tiny bit of variation that we could choose from. Also this polish is very cheap so I probably wouldn't use it anyways and I'm not a big fan of silver.

4). Nanacoco Lip Gloss (in the color Popular):
Your lips deserve a rush of colour and shine with no stickiness attached! We adore Nanacoco's gloss because it's packed full of pigments and vitamin E to keep your sassy pout poppin' and nourished at the same time. Retail $3.99 for 0.22 fl oz.

This lip gloss smells really good, almost like cake. I like the colour and it goes on smooth with no stickiness. And the packaging is decent, nothing too special but it's good.


5). Novex Brazilian Keratin:
Is your mane hungry for nourishment? This intensive treatment works on all hair types, so you can renew and reinforce your strands right away. BB5 tip: massage this into your tresses post- shampoo, leave in for 25 minutes, then rinse for smoothness and shine. Retail $19.50 for 2lbs





This is my second box, the September beauty box. Let's see what's in it.
1). Nicka K New York Eyelight Crayon: 
This creamy shadow stick glides on easily and adds a pigmented pop of colour that lasts! BB5 tip: Use it as a fin liner, gently smudge the colour with your finger or brush for a smokey effect, or blend out all the way to a full- lid base! Retail $4.49 for 0.56 oz.

This was kind of a weird product, it was very dry feeling and didn't glide very smooth. This isn't a product that I would use. I will try to gift it to a friend.

2). Natural Style by FUBU Deep Conditioner and Co-Wash:
Equipped with 8 repairing oils and shea butter, this treatment strengthens hair to minimize frizz. Made without sulphates or parabens, it's gentle enough to be used as a co-wash for curly-haired girls, and as a deep conditioner after shampooing for all hair types. Retail $9.99 for 12 oz.

I'm excited to try these samples because I have really frizzy hair and have yet to find anything that actually works on it. Fingers crossed that this product will. 


3). Sally Hansen Toe Spacers:
When it comes to no- nonsense nails, our girl Sally never disappoints! Cushion your toes and separate them with these adorably- printed toe spacers to keep your DIY pedicure looking professional and smudge- free. Retail $1.99 for 1 pair.

This is another useless product to me. I don't paint my toes and when I do it's only for some holidays and I get it done at the salon. And on top of that I hate having anything between my toes, they are small and it hurts them to be stretched open. I gifted these to a friend.


4). My Beauty Spot Nail Polish:
We love these pretty polishes for their incredible bold colours! The thick formula glides on smooth, plus, it dries quickly, which means we can change our manis as frequently as we change our mood.
Retail $24.99 for 0.4 fl oz./ set of 6.

Again another product that I won't use. I sent this to the same friend as the toe spacers. I like this silvery grey better than just the silver from the first box.


5). Dr. Lin Acne Spot Corrector:
Fade old acne spots and banish breakouts before they start. Formulated with 5% benzoyl peroxide, this spot corrector goes to work right away on blemishes to clear your complexion. BB5 tip: Start off small! A little goes a long way, so apply a thin layer. Retail $8.99 for 1 fl oz.

This is the product that I am most excited for. I have a small amount of acne sometimes and I have tried a lot and nothing really seems to work. Hopefully this will be my new dream product.

Overall, these boxes were just okay, nothing really thrilled me and I don't like the fact that they send a nail polish every month (some people might but i don't use it). I wish they did a bit more to customize the products to us.  But I do still really adore their packaging. Hopefully Beauty Box picks it up a few notches.




No comments:

Post a Comment